This is a new virtual service for dogs who are reactive in the presence of certain triggers that they find scary or feel anxious or fearful of. The trigger could be anything - dogs, people, cyclists, children, men...the list goes on. These dogs are not 'aggressive' they are in a state of mind when they are unable to do anything other then 'react' when the scary thing is around.
This is not for dogs who have exhibited moderate to severe reactions including aggression and biting. If this is the case please consult your vet. We would also recommend a vet check if the behaviour has suddenly started.
This is a virtual package of support with Karen by video.
You will benefit from:
- One initial video consultation to look at the issue and identify the factors that are making your dog react in this way.
- A Phase One preparation, training and decompression plan to put in place straight away that is tailored to you and your dog
- Step by step training and enrichment exercises
- Digital resources as appropriate
- One follow up video session to review progress and plan next steps
- A Phase Two plan to follow which includes a step by step approach to helping your dog stay sub threshold and begin to feel comfortable in the presence of the things that trigger negative responses..
- Access to 'coffee and catch up' video sessions with Karen to keep things on track and troubleshoot (there is a small charge for these sessions).
Don't Just Take Our Word For It...
After following Karen's advice I found it much easier to work with Digger and he now responds well to commands and is not as nervous as he was. Training him is a pleasure and I realise that it is a long term process - there are rarely quick fixes just consistency and patience! Digger and I are now a team and he loves to visit my mum in her care home where he has become quite a popular chap!!
Barbara and Diggerdog the 3 yo Romanian Rescue rescue Terrier Cross
I can't thank Karen enough for helping me get on the right path to dealing with my Chihuahua when he's aggressive. He has come on great after a week of putting things in place. Thanks Karen you're a star.
Lissa and Marley the Chihuahua