- Are you a new puppy owner?
- Do you have a puppy under 6m old?
- Are you struggling with puppy issues such as biting, housetraining, jumping up or over excitement?
- Do you just want to make sure that your 'get it right' and give you puppy the best start in life?
- Are you finding it difficult to address the issues you are having?
- Would you like individual guidance and support from a qualified dog trainer?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the option for you!
Please don't wait for lockdown to be over...the clock really is ticking for our young puppies. Things that can be easily sorted out now with the right support and guidance will be almost certainly become more and more difficult to address the older your puppy gets!
This service is for owners with pups up to 6 months old, and these sessions will give information, guidance and answer questions so that you can effectively support their puppies socialisation, learning and development during these critical early months and enable them to give their pup the best possible start they can.
These individual support sessions take place from the safety and comfort of your own home with Karen. Karen will support you to put a structure in place to help your puppy develop into a well-rounded, confident and happy dog and minimise the chance for unwanted behaviours occurring in the future. She will provide guidance and support to answer your puppy questions, address the struggles you are having and help you with training your puppy life skills and manners.
You will also benefit from some great bonuses too:
Bonus one: Access to our Keep Calm and Puppy On online course
Bonus two: A download of our Keep Calm and Puppy On e-book
What people are saying about us...
Karen has been such a great support to us with our first puppy. I was extremely hesitant to book zoom sessions as I thought puppy classes were more of a face to face thing. However, Karen reassured me that we'd get so much done with little distraction and she was not wrong. Karen listened to my needs and gave amazing advice and suggested fun activities to get the kids involved with, all which aided my puppy's training. I have recently had a face to face session and it was fantastic, my puppy is thriving and with the help and guidance from Karen, we are definitely more confident dog owners!!
Natasha and Pespi the Goldendoodle
As first time puppy owners, Karen has helped me and my daughter so much. We had 3 online sessions and covered so much in those sessions. I was finding lots of conflicting advice and didn’t know what to do for the best. Karen was fab and talked through training techniques which we also got to practice online with our puppy. We also got access to lots of fab resources which are easy to follow with lots of training techniques. Karen is so friendly and knowledgeable and made the sessions enjoyable. I will definitely be using Blue Canine Services again.
Amy and Ebony the Mini Schnauzer
Virtual Puppy Training and Support
By booking the package you will benefit from all of this:
- 3 x 45 minute 121 sessions with Karen who is a qualified trainer and behaviour advisor.
- A complete socialisation plan to help provide a structure for you to use to support your puppies socialisation and to help prevent fears and anxieties developing
- Training plans, information and exercises covering things such as:
- Settling your puppy at night
- Den (crate or pen) training and how to make it the best place ever
- Putting a daily routine in place to help puppy have down time, to fill their their day with constructive things to do and to ensure they get enough sleep
- Socialising your puppy effectively even in a pandemic - you definitely don't need a puppy class to do this!
- Housetraining your puppy effectively
- Playing and enriching your pup's life and how that can help prevent unwanted behaviours, build their confidence and strengthen your bond
- 'Happy training' of basic foundation behaviours such as recall, focus and loose lead walking
- Addressing unwanted behaviours in a kind and ethical way
- Clear guidance on how you can minimise biting, nipping and chewing
- Doing home alone training the right way
4. What's App Messenger support in between sessions for urgent troubleshooting and if your are struggling to keep on track (this is not unlimited and is for urgent questions and help only).
5. Additional digital resources and training exercises as identified to support you at home.
***PAYG option includes 1 x 60min video consult plus digital training plans as appropriate.
At the time of booking you will select your first appointment slot and pay for the session or package in full. Please contact us with any questions you have before booking. These sessions are not for addressing more complex, behavioural issues.
Our fantastic new 'Keep Calm And Puppy On' digital resource and online course are now available!
There's so much (mis) information and conflicting 'advice' out there about dog training and behaviour, that it's difficult for owners to know where to start looking and what to believe.
That's why we've produced the 'Keep Calm And Puppy On' digital resource and online course. They are a complete guide to puppy parenting and absolutely jam-packed with straightforward, easy to follow and effective guidance, training plans and activities. It's a must read for owner's of puppies or people who are preparing to welcome a puppy to their home - even if they've had dogs in the past!
Let us guide you through key developmental stages, dealing with puppy challenges and critical early training.
Or try our 'Mix and Match' or In Person 'Family Session' packages
As an alternative, you can also book a block of 3 in person family sessions or mix and match virtual and in person sessions too!
Virtual Prep For Your Pup Session
We also offer virtual support to help you prepare for your new puppy and then help you set them up for success and help them thrive in your family home.
Why virtual puppy training is a great option for your and your puppy!
If you are worried about virtual sessions, don't be! All you need is a small, quiet area at home, access to a laptop/tablet/smart phone, an internet connection and some treats...oh and of course your dog!
COVID-19 restrictions are here to stay, at least in the short to medium term and this means that ‘in person’ sessions are going to be extremely limited and that virtual sessions are going to be essential in training puppies and dogs going forwards.
The clock is ticking for young puppies and that’s why it is vital that you get the support you need as early as possible, rather than waiting and hoping that there will be puppy classes to attend after restrictions are lifted. Waiting means that you will have missed the small window of puppy learning and development.
Things that most likely could have been addressed easily in the early days, may well become much bigger problems that are difficult to address the older a dog gets. So, even if you think that the virtual will not be as good as in person then you need to ask yourself...isn’t any training, guidance and support is far better than nothing at all? We urge your please DO NOT wait, let’s prevent problems starting rather than trying to tackle them in a few months.
So if you have a puppy and you’ve been holding back on trying a virtual session, we urge you to take the leap and give them a go. We think you’ll be surprised how easy and useful they can be!
Virtual sessions can be just as effective, if not more than 'in person' activities for all types of training and support - this even includes recall and loose lead walking! In our experience of running virtual sessions and the feedback from clients has identified the following key benefits for you and your dog:
- Your puppy or dog will be more relaxed in an environment in which they feel comfortable
- There are fewer distractions at home, and so it is often a more beneficial place for helping your puppy or dog to focus on you and respond to training
- Training calm behaviours and chill out activities are so much easier in a familiar environment than in a stimulating and exciting one
- We’d always recommend that owners start all of their foundation training at home first of all anyway. There’s absolutely no disadvantage to training with us at home from the start and then gradually taking it out and about.
- Weather is not an issue so your pup and you won't get too cold, wet or hot. The other advantage is that classes can always go ahead regardless of the weather, so there’ll be no cancellations as with ‘in person’ sessions held outside.
- You can get individual coaching and feedback in real time
- You don't have to get dressed, pack your bag up and travel to a class - you can even do it in your pyjamas if you want!
So...we think virtual sessions are great! However, we do know that the thought of doing a Zoom or another type of virtual session can be really daunting at first, and we want you to get as much out of it as possible.
Please don't worry about virtual training - we are here to help you.
Take a look at our beginner's guide and our video guide.
Online training at your convenience
We also offer a new online training which offers an alternative flexible option for puppy owners!
Our GOOD DOG - LEVEL 1 is a 6 weeks course which will help hoomans teach their dogs 'Good Dog' behaviour.
Our customers have given us great feedback about our Stay at Home services, since we launched them.
We booked the virtual puppy package to help us with our new puppy Storm as we were unable to book Karen in person due to the Covid 19 situation. I would thoroughly recommend the package for anyone with a new puppy or older dog for anyone unable to use Karen in person. Karen offers sensible, easy solutions to common problems in a clear to understand way that the whole family can follow. Her advice really works and helped us with many situations and difficulties. We would suggest using her package of three sessions and we will definitely go on to meet with Karen in person when the situation allows.
Emma and Storm the German Shepherd puppy