The activities provide through these services will help puppy owners with the following:
- Socialisation training
- Home alone training
- Dealing with unwanted behaviour such as jumping up
- Prevention of chewing 'illegal' things
- Confidence building
- Coming back to you
- Dropping things when asked
- Walking nicely on the lead
- Body language
- Playing with your puppy
- Enrichment and mental stimulation
- Den training
- Biting and nipping
- Over excitement
- Focus on you
- Automatic eye contact
- Handling and grooming
- Basic nosework games
- And other puppy related challenges too
We also offer a new online training which offers an alternative flexible option for puppy owners!
Our GOOD DOG - LEVEL 1 is a 6 weeks course which will help hoomans teach their dogs 'Good Dog' behaviour.
1. Happy Puppy Foundations Package
A fun and friendly four week (six hour) foundation course for pups aged 5 months and unNnder at the start of the course. Each session lasts 75 minutes and there are only a small number of puppies in each group.
Groups are "socially distant" with a minimum of 2m between participants and will largely run outdoors in a secure garden area, weather permitting. If it is necessary to move the session moves indoors, the area is large enough to enable social distancing to be maintained and we would ask people to wear a face covering if they are able to do so.
2020 dates with availability:
- Sunday 1 November 10am
Pups need to be fully vaccinated and given vet clearance to go out and about around other dogs. Please take a look at the video further down the page which tells you what to bring and what to expect.
Your package includes all of the following...
- A six hour training course using up to date force free methods and includes socialisation, home alone training, confidence building, good manners, dealing with unwanted behaviours, chilling, reward based training, fun training games, calmness, enrichment, recall, safety cues such as drop, handling and basic everyday training. Troubleshooting tips and advice on a range of puppy related topics. We'll also look at the importance of mental stimulation and the role of enrichment with ideas you can build into your daily routine.
- Comprehensive digital resources relating to the session and a homework plan each week to support you to continue your pup's learning at home.
You'll also benefit from:
- A Stay at Home Puppy Foundations video session with Karen to talk through your individual puppy challenges for individual and tailored support for you and your family.
- A complimentary How to Have a Happy Puppy e-book, packed with our top tips to help you have a calm, confident and happy puppy,
- A follow up telephone or video call with Karen by arrangement within a month of the course finishing.
- Discounted In Person sessions with Karen by arrangement following completion of the course.
Only £100 for the package.
Absolutely amazing course for puppies. A great introduction to training, socialisation and mental stimulation. Wow, what a difference in my little pup. Trainers are outstanding with very caring and nurturing ways, encouraging owners as well as the puppies. Thank you
Michelle and Bella the Pom
The Ultimate Happy Puppy Foundations Package
This is the most comprehensive package we offer to help you give your pup the best start you possibly can!
Booked separately the services would cost £215 but booking this package costs only £175!
You'll benefit from:
- A video call with Karen to prepare for your puppy's arrival, including what essentials you'll need, setting up your home environment and how to work with your breeder to get your puppy ready for coming home with you. You'll also plan your pup's journey home, and their first night and week at home with Karen.
- A download of our "Preparing for your new puppy" ebook.
- A follow up video call with Karen during your first week or two with pup to iron out any issues and make sure everything is on the right track.
- A six hour Happy Puppy Foundations group course with digital resources to support you at home.
- A download of our "How to have a happy puppy" ebook with top tips, a comprehensive socialisation plan, step by step training exercises and troubleshooting advice on all things puppy.
- A follow up video call with Karen during the course or in the month after the course ends.
- An In Person Family Session with Karen following the Happy Puppy Foundations course.
- Discounted additional In Person Family Sessions by arrangement.
2. In Person family session puppy training with Karen
Outdoor sessions with Karen for up to 5 people from the same household and their pup or dog. They will be normally be held at The Winlaton Centre in their secure outdoor garden area. From 7 September 2020 sessions on a Tuesday or Wednesday will take place at Swalwell Cricket Club.
After each session you will receive an audio recording detailing the key points covered and the agreed training plan plus you will also get digital resources as appropriate that will help you with your training at home.
You can either choose to pay as you go or choose the more cost effective option of booking a package. At the time of booking you will choose and book the date and time of your first appointment. The package costs £90 and the individual sessions £35.
Book a package and you'll get a copy of our 'How to have a happy puppy' e book too!
We had one to one training with Karen and our pup Otto. He was 3 months old when we started. Karen was great at listening to our anxieties and designing the lessons accordingly. It felt like a tailored approach to our needs and she showed a real insight into Otto’s behaviours. She has high expectations of homework but provides a really helpful audio file after your session. Her advice and the strategies she gave us were so helpful. We saw results in Otto’s behaviour but the training was more for us and it has helped us be more consistent in approach. I do not think we would have got as much out of a class with other puppies. We certainly felt comfortable asking Karen’s advice and she was really patient with us anxious daddies!
Neil, Rob and Otto the Daschund
3. Stay At Home puppy training video sessions with Karen
For pups up to 6 months old, these sessions will give information, guidance and answer questions so that owners are still able to support their puppies socialisation, learning and development during these critical early months so that they give their pup the best possible start they can. This individual support sessions take place from the safety and comfort of your own home. Karen will support you to put a structure in place to help your puppy develop into a well-rounded, confident and happy dog and minimise the chance for unwanted behaviours occurring in the future.
Choose from either "pay as you go" or the even more cost effective package option. The package costs £75 and a one off session is £40.
This short video is for owners that have booked Happy Puppy Foundations but it's definitely worth a watch if you are considering booking a course.
Please note running our groups is subject to change as it is dependent upon Government Guidance and Law.
At this time we are only able to allow one person per puppy in our groups and we will run our sessions outside wherever possible. There are no toilet facilities and we are unable to loan equipment so we would recommend watching the introduction video so you know what to bring with you.
Please contact us with any questions you have before booking.
Happy Puppy Plus
A four week course for older puppies between 5m and 9m old at the start of the course.
This is only available by invitation and is mainly for puppies who have completed our Happy Puppy Foundations course.
We will give you fun training activities and games to play with your pup to teach them good manners and behaviours that will help keep them safe. We want to help you have a well behaved pup, who focuses on you regardless of where you are or what's going on.
We'll cover recall, loose lead walking, emergency stop, stay, eye contact and other useful everyday training cues to help tackle unwanted behaviours, make your life easier and help keep your pup safe.
This is a small group session with only four puppies in a class.