Established in 2015, we are an award winning family business and offer positive, modern and ethical puppy and dog training, scentwork, enrichment activities and behaviour advice.
We run our group and in person activities in a secure private garden at The Winlaton Centre and can offer stay at home video services too.
Our Little Team
Karen owns and runs the business with support from hubby Phil. She is a qualified trainer and behaviour advisor. Blue Dog is named after Bo and Missy their Kerry Blue Terriers
Bo is the eldest "blue dog" and is nearly 9. He can be a bit of a couch potato but does enjoy chasing his ball (in short bursts of course). He loves his "stuff"...especially his blankie and his cuddly pink pig.
Sadly we lost our little Missy this year. She was 8 but was still our little pup who never grew up - the most loving and kissy girl in the world and we miss her very much.
Our Qualifications and Training
Karen has been a professional dog trainer since 2015 and is qualified and externally assessed. She has helped hundreds and hundreds of pet dog owners successfully train their dogs using positive reinforcement. Karen is a full member of the IMDT and PPGBI.
Karen was also lucky enough to be mentored by Steve Mann the world renowned dog trainer, TV regular and Chairman (and founder) of the IMDT.
Karen holds a BA (Hons), a PG Cert and has studied advanced level canine behaviour and biology.
She has completed Scent Instructor training with the UK College of Scent Dogs and is a recognised Level 4 Scentwork UK trainer.
We have been the recipient of a number of awards including the Lux Magazine for being the Best Dog Training Provider 2018- North East England.
We are fully insured and DBS checked and only use positive, force free and reward-based training methods that are scientifically proven to work.
As an Assessed and Qualified Member of The Institute of Modern Dog Trainers, she is proud to display the UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter symbol.
What you can expect
- The use of force free, modern and science based methods that are proven to work.
- Training that is fun and rewarding for you and your puppy or dog, we like to inject the "fun factor" into our activities.
- A personal approach as we keep our groups small so you get individual time with us.
- Activities which are tailored so that they are suitable for all pups and dogs regardless of age, experience, breed or size.
- Step by step guidance, so you can continue to train at home.
- A range of additional fun training and enrichment activities such as agility, nosework and trick training to provide your dog with additional mental stimulation and enjoyment.
- A high quality service at a competitive price.
- Sessions that are family friendly and where children are encouraged and supported to participate.