We can't wait for our Summer programme
Looking forward to meeting new pups and dogs and also to meeting up with our old friends too.
From mid April we will be offering a full summer programme, including evening, weekday mornings and of course weekend sessions too!
Won't be long now!
Bite Prevention Work In Schools
Karen is a licensed Be a Tree Presenter.
The “Be a Tree” program is a fun, educational and interactive program for school age children created by Doggone Safe.
Children will learn to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own and strange dogs through visual aids and by playing fun interactive games.
Instead of telling children “don’t do this and don’t do that”, the Be a Tree program gives them with the knowledge they need to make safe decisions based on the body language and the actions of the dog and the situation they are in.
If you are a school or run a children's group and are interested in Karen offering a presentation please contact us.
Find out more http://www.doggonesafe.com
Introduction To Scentwork For Pet Dogs
Karen has recently trained as Scentwork Instructor with the UK College of Scent Dogs. Her trainer Rob Hewings is one of the best in the business. He has 30 years experience within the Metropolitan Police as both a handler and instructor and is a Specialist Search Dog Instructor and Explosive Search Dog Instructor. Karen is trained in how to instruct handlers how to progress their dogs from absolute beginners to nosework ninjas!
An Introduction to Scentwork For Pet Dogs
Starts Saturday 2 June 2.25pm at The Winlaton Centre
£45 for a three week course.
This is a three week introduction to the wonderful world of scentwork. You will work together with your dog as a team an learn the basics in how to search for a target scent.
This is a different course than Search and Sniff and is a great next step if you've completed that already. This is also suitable for all dogs including beginners.
Blue Dog Junior Handler Level 1 Award
Level One - New Three Week Course
Starts Sunday 14 April 12.45pm to 1.45pm at Swalwell Cricket Club
£30 per three week course
These small group training courses offer young handlers aged 9 to 15 years old, the opportunity to learn how to train and interact with their dog in a safe way that is fun for both them and their pup or dog.
Junior handlers will learn:
- Important safety messages to help prevent bites, including safe meet and greets
- How to read their dog's body language
- How to play in a safe way that is fun for both them and their dog
- How to use positive reinforcement to train their dog
- How to work as a team to train basic obedience cues and fun tricks
- How to work with their dog to introduce basic nosework and fun agility
- How to handle their dog in an appropriate and force-free way
Suitable for pups over 20 weeks and dogs of all ages. Dogs participating must have basic good manners and be friendly to other dogs and people.
- Blue Dog Canine Services
- What's on at Blue Dog?
- Shop now
- Special Offers, Giveaways and Discounts
- Meet our "Blue Dogs" Missy and Bo
- Puppy Training and Support
- Older Puppy and Dog Training Classes
- Fun Dog Agility
- Nosework For Pet Dogs
- Recall, lead pulling, jumping up and other common issues
- Play, Enrichment and Breed Specific Activities
- Child Safety, Families and Bite Prevention Work
- One to One Training
- Behaviour issues
- Small Group Training
- Why Choose Blue Dog?
- Parties and Events
- Important Group Booking Information
- Best Paw Forward Dog Collars and Leads
- Our Locations
- Our Prices And How To Pay
- Contact Us
- We Sponsor the Yellowdog UK Charity