Our puppy services and activities are designed to give you individual support, so you get the knowledge and information you need so you can your give your puppy the best start you can, and prepare them for life in the real world.
With our help and guidance you will learn how you can help your puppy to have positive experiences at this critical stage in their life, so that they grow up happy, confident and without fearfulness or anxiety.
Pawsitive Puppy Foundations
- Sunday 19 November 10.15am at Birtley Leisure Centre
- Monday 8 January 6.30pm at Springwell Village Village Hall
- Sunday 21 January 10.30am at The Winlaton Centre
These are comprehensive foundation and socialisation courses for puppies up to 18 weeks old at the start of the course. These sessions are structured so that puppies have lovely positive experiences without feeling overwhelmed, intimidated or fearful. This really is a great way for you to support your puppy to grow up to be a confident and happy dog.
Only £10 per session
Through play, socialisation and confidence building activities, guidance and tips we will help you give your puppy experiences that will help prepare them life in the real world. We cover:
- How to socialise your puppy carefully and effectively
- How to prevent fears and anxieties developing
- Common puppy issues including housetraining, mouthing, chewing, jumping up
- How to introduce different experiences in a positive way to build confidence and independence
- Canine body language so you can understand what your pup is telling you
- Managed play time with other puppies
- How to train useful,everyday commands the fun way
- Helping your pup to chill out and relax and go to bed on cue.
- Baby agility for confidence and body awareness
- Play and enrichment activities that are fun, mentally stimulation and rewarding
- How to teach your pup essential safety cues "drop it" and "leave it" so it's a game
- How to introduce new equipment such as harnesses and muzzles in a positive way
- What you can do to help prevent them guarding their stuff
- Simulating vet checks and grooming.
- Basic first aid awareness.
Following this puppies can continue their development and learning by attending one of our Fun, Tricks and Training courses. These are offered in lovely, safe outdoor indoor locations and they will mix with other pups and dogs and you will learn how to train the essential cues needed in everyday life. These are great for supporting ongoing socialisation and development.
75% of the way through the Puppy Foundations course and it has been excellent. The approach and methodology from Karen and Phil has been outstanding. Very friendly, funny and down to earth with a real understanding of the individual puppies. Great stuff. Thank you.
Puppy Home Visits
These home visits are ideal if you are a new puppy owner. We will support you to put a structure in place so that your puppy develops into a well-rounded, confident and happy dog and minimise the chance for unwanted behaviours occurring. You will receive support and guidance tailored to your individual needs.
We are flexible with dates and times and can offer you guidance and support with common puppy issues such as:
- socialising your puppy appropriately
- addressing unwanted behaviour such as jumping up, nipping and mouthing
- how to encourage appropriate chewing
- preventing unwanted behaviours, fear and separation distress.
- basic puppy training
- settling at night
- effective crate and house training
- introducing equipment such as clippers, harnesses and muzzles
- basic diet, health and exercise and vet support
- bonding with your puppy
- safe child-dog interactions
- play, enrichment and mental stimulation
- introductions to other pets
- dog law and your responsibility as an owner
By booking a home visit you will receive individual advice and guidance, tailored to your needs, which can be invaluable in preventing and addressing unwanted behaviours such as jumping up, nipping and inappropriate chewing.
Only £60 per home visit with follow up support. You also receive a comprehensive Blue Dog Pawsitive Puppy PDF Handbook which has loads of useful information, guidance and tips.
From the very first message Karen has been fantastic! She gave me tips on everything and the support continued afterwards too! This has given me huge confidence. I would 100% recommend Karen and her services.
Jenna and Rocco
Special Offer - Give Your Pup A Great Start With Our Puppy Package
Combine a Puppy Home Visit and a Foundation Course for only £98 - a saving of £12 (normal cost when booked separately £110).
Pups (And Hoomans) Having A Pawfect Time At Puppy Foundations
Group Training Classes - Our Fun, Tricks and Training Programme
In these fun and welcoming you will learn how to train the essential "obedience"cues you'll need everyday by making training fun and interactive. Your pup will meet other pups and older dogs in a controlled and safe way. They will be on a lead or long line throughout the session.
- January 2018 date/time TBC
The five week Fun, Tricks and Training Bronze Certificate is perfect for vaccinated puppies and dogs with little or no recent training experience or as a refresher. This is suitable for almost all puppies and dogs regardless of age, breed or experience.
Pre-Puppy Preparation and Guidance
If you are thinking of getting a puppy we can provide guidance on the many things you should consider before taking the plunge. Buying a puppy is such a commitment and we want to support people so that they can make an informed choice. Benefit from guidance on topics including:
- Identifying a breeds that are right for your lifestyle and family
- What to look for in a good breeder
- Things to ask a breeder
- What to consider when visiting the breeder and puppies
- Establishing a bond with your chosen puppy before they come home
- What essentials you'll need to prepare for your puppy
- How to introduce your puppy into your home and ensure they settle in
- Introductions to other pets and children
Telephone / Skype / Video consultations start from £15 and home visits can be arranged from £30.
In Home Puppy Essentials Training
If you are unable to make one of our group training classes, we can bring our training to you! We will cover the everyday training you will need in everyday life as well as some fun activities to provide essential mental stimulation.
These sessions are fun and family friendly so everyone can be involved. You will also benefit from our comprehensive step-by-step handouts to continue your training in between sessions and ongoing support. From only £35 per session or four sessions for £120
Don't Just Take Our Word For It!
We had a puppy visit from Karen when he was 8 weeks old as we didn't want to encourage any bad behaviours. It was a very positive visit and he has already shown improvements only 2 days later!
Fay and Albi the Working Cocker Spaniel
Had a visit when we first brought Pippa home. Karen gave us some really good tips which we wouldn't of thought of ourselves. We found it reassuring to know we were setting off on the right track! Would definitely recommend."
Mandy and Pippa the Cocker
As we have never had a puppy before, we asked Karen to come out for a home visit. Karen was really friendly, helpful and informative and Alfie loved her. We are looking forward to taking Alfie to the puppy classes"
Jane and Alfie the Toy Poodle
- Blue Dog Canine Services
- Meet our "Blue Dogs" Missy and Bo
- What's new at Blue Dog?
- Why Choose Blue Dog?
- Shop now
- Puppy Training and Support
- Dog Training Classes
- Fun Dog Agility
- Special Puppy and Dog Training Activities
- Important Group Booking Information
- One to One Support
- Behaviour Advice
- Private Family And Small Group Training
- Pics Of Our Pups and Dogs
- Lights, Camera, Action - videos of our activities
- Our Locations
- Our Services, Prices And How To Pay
- Contact Us
- What Do You Think Of Us?
- We Sponsor the Yellowdog UK Charity
- Parties and Events
- Biothane Dog Accessories