Karen was a Sure Start Children's Centre Manager previously, and child safety is a subject she feels passionately about. We are members of the Doggone Safe Programme which aims to reduce the numbers of children getting bitten by dogs through education.
That's why we try to make all of our activities family friendly and delivered in a way that so that children learn about interacting with their puppy or dog in a safe and mutually enjoyable way. We offer training activities that enable them to actively participate.
We want children to understand how to play, train and interact with their dog so they can have fun together safely, build their relationship and understanding and so reduce the potential of a bite occurring.
We do require under 18's must be accompanied by an appropriate adult.
You can find out more about the programme by visiting http://www.doggonesafe.com
Family Fun and Games Session
Next session TBC
This is a relaxed session for families to come along and have some fun with their dogs.
It's suitable for healthy and friendly dogs regardless of the dogs age.
- Fun agility
- Trick training
- Fun training activities and games
We are looking forward to this!
We tried the taster sessions with our little staffie at the weekend and both me and him thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Karen and Phil are great with the dogs, but are equally good with people too! We'll definitely be back and have already been recommending the place!
Zoe and Hugo the Staffie
"My Dog and Me" for under 16's
TBC at Swalwell Cricket Club
These small group activities offer young handlers aged 9 to 15 years old, the opportunity to learn how to train and interact with their dog in a safe way that is fun for both them and their pup or dog.
Junior handlers will learn:
- Important safety messages to help prevent bites, including safe meet and greets
- How to read their dog's body language
- How to play in a safe way that is fun for both them and their dog
- How to use positive reinforcement to train their dog
- How to work as a team to train basic obedience cues and fun tricks
- How to work with their dog to introduce basic nosework and fun agility
- How to handle their dog in an appropriate and force-free way
Suitable for pups over 20 weeks and dogs of all ages. Dogs participating must have basic good manners and be friendly to other dogs and people.
Bite Prevention Work In Schools
Karen is a licensed Be a Tree Presenter.
The “Be a Tree” program is a fun, educational and interactive program for school age children created by Doggone Safe.
Children will learn to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own and strange dogs through visual aids and by playing fun interactive games.
Instead of telling children “don’t do this and don’t do that”, the Be a Tree program gives them with the knowledge they need to make safe decisions based on the body language and the actions of the dog and the situation they are in.
If you are a school or run a children's group and are interested in Karen offering a presentation please contact us.
Find out more http://www.doggonesafe.com
Private Family Training Sessions
Family personal training sessions are a great way to involve all of the family in the training process. They are also an effective way of educating children how to interact appropriately and safely with the dog and reduce the risk of bites occurring.
From only £30 per session.
Preparing For a New Baby
If you are pregnant and would like support to put a plan in place to introduce your new addition into a household that has a dog, please get in touch with us.
Preparing For Introducing A Puppy Into Your Family
If you are thinking of getting a puppy we can provide guidance on the many things you should consider before taking the plunge. Buying a puppy is such a commitment and we want to support people so that they can make an informed choice.
- Identifying a breeds that are right for your lifestyle and family
- What to look for in a good breeder
- Things to ask a breeder
- What to consider when visiting the breeder and puppies
- Establishing a bond with your chosen puppy before they come home
- What essentials you'll need to prepare for your puppy
- How to introduce your puppy into your home and ensure they settle in
- Introductions to other pets and children
- Safe child - dog interactions
Video and telephone consultations only £15 (add £25 for a home visit)
What You Need To Know
- Blue Dog Canine Services
- Our Happy Puppy and Dog Training
- Book now
- Meet our "Blue Dogs" Missy and Bo
- 121 training
- Behaviour issues
- Puppy Training and Support
- Older Puppy and Dog Training Classes
- Scentwork For Pet Dogs
- Fun, play and enrichment activities
- Fun Dog Agility
- Workshops to help with common issues
- Important Group and 121 Information
- Children and Families
- Our Locations
- Our Prices And How To Pay
- Contact Us